As an ensemble, we:
1. Strive to support long-term artistic development and ensemble growth.
Our ensemble is built around a core activity of actor training which offers:
- a chance to develop and deepen a shared language as a group.
- stability, consistency and confidence for artists in their developing practice.
- space for artists to challenge limits and push expressive capabilities of body and voice beyond the everyday into a highly imaginative and fantastical space.
2. Explore alternative ways of supporting a sustainable arts practice.
In response to our need for independence, flexibility and freedom of our creativity, time and finances in a challenging arts environment, we:
- Value quality over quantity: Limit the number of projects focused on and give new works a longer, slow-burn time frame for creative development.
- Experiment with a developing repertoire: Avoid putting ourselves under constant time and financial pressures by always starting projects from scratch. Use repetition as a tool to interrogate how works grow and change over time.
- Work with a budget and aesthetic that reflects our performer-focused mission: Be realistic about our financial means as an independent company. Explore how such restrictions breed creativity.
3. Offer a high energy, rigorous, playful and stylised performance aesthetic.
We are devoted to refining our expressionistic, atmospheric and non-naturalistic style of performance.